Sunday, February 5, 2012

Patrones 312

Are you a 'plan for the season ahead' sewer or more of a 'what takes your fancy at the time' sewer? 

I was musing on this when the Vogue Patterns Magazine (Christmas prezzie subscription from my sister) arrived the other day showing the new spring patterns, along with Spring Patrones #312.   
Whenever the season changes I have a 'aaarggh.... no cold/hot weather clothes to wear!' crisis so I'd love to be the plan and make in advance type but never manage it.  I'm definitely a spur of the moment sewer.  But there are far more organised sewers out there and I'm envious!

Mind you, it's a bit relative in Australia as we are always out of sync with the Northern Hemisphere pattern cycles so the new Spring patterns are arriving in mid summer, which is quite good.
Patrones 311 hopefully is still on its way.  So what is in Patrones 312?  The Spring special.    
The first section is asymmetric styles - 3 dresses and a top and trousers. 
This dress is fabulous.  Another COS brand one.
The next section contains the designery patterns - the ones they no longer name (pity - I used to love those) although do I spot a Chanel button on those sequinned shorts?  Nice blouse.
 Next  blouses and pants. 
 Love these trousers.
There is a section of I guess nautical things including this jacket. 
The larger size section has an overblouse, trousers, cotton dress and this outfit.
And last but not least communion clothes.

6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a 'what takes my fancy at the time' sewist. I really like that blue COS dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Patrones has great patterns in that issue. I am most definitely a plan ahead sewer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this, I really like reading your magazine reviews. What sort of scanner do you use for the images?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just wondering if you would post the latest Patrones. I love the navy dress too! And the nautical jacket and that white blouse (what I can see of it) in the same section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love all those spring clothes, I'm sick of the cold. My strategy is to maintain a path of two or three pieces in my next project ever, but my mind wanders and sometimes plans change constantly, so my mind is a continual contradiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blouse #10 !Can´t wait for my Patrones to arrive, but I get them really late here in Brazil!! I just got #309 !?

    ReplyDelete